The Kit Consists of:
- 500g Fruit Cake Mix
- 500g Rich Mixed Fruit
- 100g Glaze for your Cake
- 8" Cake Tin
- Recipe Below
Our recipe for the best homemade Christmas cake:
Check out our how to make video here.
Basic Ingredients Fruit Cake Mix
Basic ingredients Mixed Fruit
1. For a more traditional Christmas cake you can soak the fruit in brandy. Put all your dried fruit (Group 2) into a bowl and mix 3 tablespoons of brandy. Cover the bowl with a clean tea cloth and leave over night for the fruit to absorb the alcohol. The more longer you soak your fruit the better it is going to be. If soaking for few months put the soaking fruit in a container cover with lid and into the fridge.
2. Brush melted butter to lightly grease the tin. Line the base and side with 2 layers of silicon paper provided. Preheat oven to 160°C (fan forced 150°C).
3. Blend Group 1 together on low speed for 1 minute.
4. Scrape down.
5. Blend for a further 3 minutes on second speed.
6. Fold in dried fruit (Group 2) with a metal spoon.
7. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the surface.
8. Bake for 1-1.5 hours, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
9. Cool cake in tin.
10. Once the cake is completely cool it can be glazed. To glaze, remove glaze from packaging. Heat it up in a very small sauce pan and brush the glaze on top of the cake let the glaze cool down and then serve.