Caputo Pizzeria 00 flour (also referred to as Caputo Blue) is made from high quality wheat and is produced for pizza makers.
Why use Caputo pizza flour?
- It is produced in Naples – the birthplace of pizza!
- This 00 flour contains the optimum protein level of 12.5%. Perfect for making pizza, as it makes the dough stretchy and elastic.
- An elastic dough which will give a crispier crust when baking.
- Higher gluten content also helps the dough during a long fermentation and this is what gives the dough the best flavour.
- With a strength of W260-270, this flour is idea for making traditional Neapolitan pizza.
Caputo themselves describe their pizza flour as “elastic gluten and soft starch to help doughs get a great hydration. Light, with a perfect rising, to satisfy the best maestri pizzaioli’s needs.”
What is the difference between Caputo Blue & Caputo Red Pizza Flour?
The answer is… nothing! It is the same professional grade pizza flour, simply in a different size.
For bakers wanting to purchase a more domestic sized 1kg bag, the packaging is red.
For those desiring a bigger bag of this authentic pizza flour (5kg or 15kg), then the packaging is blue, which many bakers refer to as “Caputo Blue”.
For generations Caputo has been a leading choice among the best pizza makers in Naples. Now, whether you choose red or blue, you can also produce excellent pizza using the Caputo Pizzeria 00 flour.